Ingredients for Stir-Fried HotDogs with Green Onions
5 Hot Dog sausages (you can also use Chinese sausages)
1 batch green onions/scallions
Cooking Sherry (or red wine)
Salt & Pepper
Equipment needed: Pan or wok, spatula, knife, cutting board
How to Cook Stir-Fried HotDogs with Green Onions
1. Turn on stove to medium-high.
2. Line pan/wok with olive oil. Heat for 3 minutes.
3. Chop up the scallions.
4. Cut hot dogs into ½ inch-thick chunks.
5. Place green onions and hot dogs into pan.
6. Drizzle soy sauce.
7. Stir fry using spatula for 4 minutes.
8. Add a splash of cooking sherry (or red wine).
9. Continue to stir gently for 2 minutes.
10. Turn stove to low, and simmer for 3 minutes.
11. Lightly salt & pepper.
12. Serve over alone or over rice.
The finished dish is definitely one-of-a-kind. For more presentation flair, sprinkle some sesame seeds on top. This is a meat-centered dish, so make sure to add in some vegetable dishes if serving a larger group. Normally, total cooking time is just within 15 minutes.
This recipe was contributed by Don Wang from www.saltedhotdogs.com.