Ingredients for Kalderetang Labahita (Surgeon Fish)
1 1/2 kilos of labahita (surgeon fish), remove the bones and make square cuts
1/3 cup cornstarch
6 heads of garlic, crushed
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1/2 pound potatoes, make square cuts
1/2 cup water
1 can of spaghetti sauce, Italian style
1 medium-sized red and green peppers (bell pepper), sliced into strips
1/2 cup peas
How to Cook Kalderetang Labahita (Surgeon Fish)
1. Sprinkle the fish with iodized salt.
2. Fry until golden brown and set aside.
3. Saute garlic, onions, and potatoes.
4. Add spaghetti sauce and water.
5. Season with salt, soy sauce, and pepper to taste accordingly.
6. Boil for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
7. Add red and green peppers, peas, and fish.
8. Add more chile or spices to make it more spicy if desired.