Ingredients For Menudo
1 / 2 kilo of pork flesh, cubed
1 cup liver, cubed2 tbsp oil
1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
1 piece onion, sliced ??thin
1 200 g tomato sauce
1 pc bay leaves
1 cup potatoes, cubed
1 cup water
Salt and pepper
How To Cook Menudo
1. Saute garlic, onion and pork until tender.
2. Add the bay leaves and tomato sauce, boil for 5 minutes.
3. Add the potatoes, liver and 1 cup of water.
4. Boil the potatoes until cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Ingredients for Crispy Pata
1 1 / 2 Kg pork
1 teaspoon salt
1 / 2 tsp crushed pepper oil
How to Cook Crispy Pata
1. Place the pork in a saucepan. Let immersed in water. Boil.
2. Season with salt and pepper. Put the lid on the pot, lower heat and simmer until meat is tender. Drain the meat.
3. Heat oil in a large frying pan until it almost begins to smoke because of the heat. Place the pork in oil until golden brown and crispy skin.
Ingredients for Pork Adobo
1 / 2 Kilo pork, cut into bite sizes
1 / 2 Kilo chicken liver, diagonally sliced, bite size
1 cup potato, cut into bite sizes
1 cup vinegar
1 / 2 cup soy sauce
1 cup water
1 head garlic, peeled, crushed and chopped
3 bay leaves
1 tablespoon peppercorn
3 tbsp oil
How to Cook Pork Adobo
1. In saucepan or wok, sauté in oil the garlic and onion. Add in the pork, roll in oil until golden brown all over.
2. Put the vinegar, soy sauce, bay leaves, peppercorn and water. Do not stir. Cover and wait to boil.
3. When pork is almost done, add the potatoes. Stir, add salt and boil on medium heat.
4. Add liver when potatoes are fairly soft. Stir and boil five minutes more or until liver is cooked.
5. Serve with plain rice.
Ingredients for Paksiw na Litson (Lechon Paksiw)
1 Kg litsong baboy (pork lechon)
1 garlic head
1 1/2 cups of lechon sauce
1/2 bay leaves
2 stalks of oregano
4 tbsp of sugar
How to Cook Paksiw na Litson (Lechon Paksiw)
1. Clean the pots very well first before using.
2. Mix all the ingredients in the pot.
3. Set on the fire and let it stay there for 30 minutes.
4. After 30 minutes, it’s ready to server. It’s best to serve it hot with rice.
Ingredients for Nilasing na Baboy (Pork Besotted)
1 whole pepper
1 tablespoon white wine
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 Kg pork
1/2 cup vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
5 cloves garlic
crushed dry banana flower
How to Cook Nilasing na Baboy (Pork Besotted)
1. Boil pork in mixed vinegar, pepper, soy sauce, garlic, banana flower.
2. When pork is tender, add white wine and chopped nuts.
3. Add salt.
4. Let it simmer until tender sauce.
5. If pork is already tender, remove from the pot.
6. Place in a large bowl or container.
7. Serve hot.
Ingredients for Bacon Macaroni Salad
¼ Kg bacon (grilled and chopped)
¼ Kg macaroni
1 cup of cabbage (chopped finely)
1 big onion (sliced)
2 carrots (sliced thinly lengthwise)
1 stem of celery (chopped finely)
1 tbsp parsley (chopped finely)
Dressing for Bacon Macaroni Salad
7 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp tomato paste
Salt and pepper
How to Cook Bacon Macaroni Salad
1. Cook the macaroni based on the instructions on the pack. Drain and place in a salad bowl.
2. Add the cabbage, onions, carrots, celery, and half the bacon. Add salt and pepper for taste. Mix well.
3. In another bowl, mix in the mayonnaise, milk, and tomato paste. Mix well. Add to the macaroni after.
4. Sprinkle on top the parsley and remaining bacon.
5. Let it chill a little before serving.
Ingredients for Chef Salad
2 heads of lettuce, medium
1 cup cooked ham
1 cup chicken meat, cooked
1/2 cup white onion
1/2 cup celery
1 cup small tomatoes
1 cup cheddar cheese
3 boiled eggs
1/4 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
1 cup Thousand Island dressing
How to Cook Chef Salad
1. Wash and tear the lettuce leaves as bite sizes. Wash, drain, and place in a salad bowl.
2. Cut the ham, chicken and cheese in elongated strips. Make circular cuts for the onion and then disassemble. Cut the tomatoes in half. Slice the celery finely, and cut the boiled eggs to 4 portions each.
3. Mix the lettuce, onion, tomato and celery. Add also the ham, chicken and cheese but put aside a few pieces of it for garnishing. Carefully mix the ingredients and add the dressing. Again, carefully stir.
4. Arrange on top of the salad the set-aside pieces of ham, chicken and cheese. Add also the sliced hard-boiled eggs, diced then scatter the chopped bacon.
5. Serve with a few pieces of crackers or Melba toast.
Ingredients for Lumpiang Shanghai
1 cup grind pork
1 cup of chopped shrimps
2 chopped onion leaves
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of pepper
1 tbsp of soy sauce
1 pack of lumpia wrapper
cooking oil for frying
How to Cook Lumpiang Shanghai
1. In a bowl, mix all ingredients together with the pork.
2. Add mixture to the lumpia wrapper. Make sure that it is just the right amount enough that you can still roll it.
3. Fry in medium temperature.
4. Serve with dips or catsup.
Ingredients for Tocino
1 Kilo of pork
6 tsps of salt
1/2 cup of sugar
How to Cook Tocino
1. Cut the meat into strips.
2. Marinate the pork with the salt and sugar. Mix them well.
3. Store in a container and keep it for a week. Make sure that the place is just at room temperature.
4. After a week, place it inside the ref.
5. You can now fry the pork in cooking oil on low fire. You can also let the meat boil in water first then fry.
Ingredients for Stir-Fried HotDogs with Green Onions
5 Hot Dog sausages (you can also use Chinese sausages)
1 batch green onions/scallions
Cooking Sherry (or red wine)
Salt & Pepper
Equipment needed: Pan or wok, spatula, knife, cutting board
How to Cook Stir-Fried HotDogs with Green Onions
1. Turn on stove to medium-high.
2. Line pan/wok with olive oil. Heat for 3 minutes.
3. Chop up the scallions.
4. Cut hot dogs into ½ inch-thick chunks.
5. Place green onions and hot dogs into pan.
6. Drizzle soy sauce.
7. Stir fry using spatula for 4 minutes.
8. Add a splash of cooking sherry (or red wine).
9. Continue to stir gently for 2 minutes.
10. Turn stove to low, and simmer for 3 minutes.
11. Lightly salt & pepper.
12. Serve over alone or over rice.
The finished dish is definitely one-of-a-kind. For more presentation flair, sprinkle some sesame seeds on top. This is a meat-centered dish, so make sure to add in some vegetable dishes if serving a larger group. Normally, total cooking time is just within 15 minutes.
This recipe was contributed by Don Wang from www.saltedhotdogs.com.