September 25th, 2012
Sorbet is the frozen dessert which is extremely popular among calorie conscious people. As it is made from sweetened water or liqueur, it does not contain fat like ice creams. This article will help you to prepare Sorbet easily at your own kitchen.
Sorbet is a widely popular frozen dessert which is made from either sweetened water or liqueur. Calorie conscious people choose Sorbet over ice creams because it offers least calorie unlike those dairy products. No doubt, ice creams and custards have high level of butter fat which is a must no-no for fitness freaks. But it’s not necessary for them to keep all the desserts at bay when sorbet is on the course. There are only few easy steps in sorbet recipe. So you can make them at your own kitchen whenever you wish.
The range of sorbet recipe is wide for sure! Though the base is sweetened water or wine sometimes, the flavor can be of various fruits and syrups. That’s why lactose intolerant or vegan people have no issues with sorbets. The following is a list of some popular sorbets which can also be prepared at home easily.
• Fresh, Creamy Sorbets
• Pineapple Sorbet
• Pink Grapefruit Sorbet
• Key Lime Sorbet with Gingersnaps
• Bitter-sweet Chocolate Sorbet
• Lime Basil Sorbet
• Strawberry-Black Pepper Sorbet
• Lemonade Iced Tea Sorbet
• Bitter-sweet Chocolate-Cherry Sorbet
• Rhubarb Sorbet
• Fresh Orange Sorbet
• Limoncello-Mint Sorbet with Fresh Blackberries
• Buttermilk Sorbet with Strawberries
• French Martini Sorbet
• Spicy Lemon Sorbet
• Mango-Agave Sorbet
From the very name, you can imagine how delicious the sorbets will be. But if you are trying your hand in making sorbet for the first time, it will be easy for you to start with a simpler sorbet recipe. So making pineapple sorbet in three easy steps is here for you.
Ingredients for Pineapple Sorbet
• 1 small pineapple, peeled and cored
• 1 cup and 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• Mint Sprigs (to decor)
How to Prepare Pineapple Sorbet
1. At first, take a fresh and cleanly peeled pineapple. Then cut it into 2 inch pieces. Place the pieces into a food processor and add 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice into it. Let it be processed until a smooth mixture is formed.
2. When the mixture becomes smooth, add 1 cup and 2 tablespoons sugar into it. Process it again for a minute or a bit more until the sugar dissolves completely.
3. Now you have to pour the whole mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer. The time for freezing it depends on the capacity of your freezer. When you find the texture becoming thicker, bring it out. Now pour the thick yellow mixture into a freezer-safe container with spoon. Cover and freeze it for 1 hour or until it gets firm.
One, who does not have an ice-cream freezer, can use a covered metal bowl. For them, the mixture has to be frozen for 3 hours or until it becomes hard on the outside but fluffy in the middle. Then remove it from the freezer, beat it with a whisk until it gets smooth, and place it again in the freezer with a cover. Keep it for at least 4 hours or until it gets firm.
Your Pineapple Sorbet is ready to serve. Serve it in ice cream bowls with mint springs on it.