The advantages of nutritional food could not be more important to students. Some students live a responsible lifestyle, but many are prone to missing meals, eating too many take away foods, and, also, too many cheap and processed foods. Regardless of the lifestyle of the student, it is wholly important that they eat well, and delicious salads are the future. Throughout a person’s life there are far more stressful times than the final year of university. This year will contribute to defining a person’s life. It is integral, therefore, to eat well to ensure the body generates enough energy, and to keep oneself away from illness. With this in mine, here are two simple delicious salads for students to enjoy. They have good nutritional value. They are inexpensive. They are quick to make. And, more importantly, they are great tasting:
Ingredients for Tunisian Grilled Salad
Two large tomatoes
A handful of fresh cherry tomatoes
Two to three green chillies
One garlic clove
A little salt
A few coriander leaves
One to two boiled eggs, quartered
Six to eight green or black olives
A small tin of tuna
How to Prepare Tunisian Grilled Salad
1. Fry the large tomatoes, the green chillies, and the garlic in a large frying pan on a high heat with olive oil. Cook until the tomato skin becomes crispy and starts to peel.
2. Leave them to cool and then remove the skin of the tomatoes and then chop the tomatoes, the chillies, and the garlic very finely.
3. Combine all of the ingredients in a serving bowl or plate and put in the fridge. When the salad is cool and ready to serve, add the tuna, the quartered boiled egg(s), the cherry tomatoes, and the olives. Then season with olive oil, salt, and chopped coriander.
4. Serve these delicious salads – also known as lækre salater by the Danish chefs – with bread and perhaps the rest of the jar of olives and some olive oil to dip.
Ingredients for Chicken and Mushroom Salad
One half of a large red pepper
One chicken leg, that has been cooked already
A handful of fresh button mushrooms
A few knobs of butter
Salt and pepper
How to Prepare Chicken and Mushroom Salad
1. Take a large frying pan a set it on a high heat. Add a few knobs of butter.
2. Into large bit sized pieces, chop the chicken, the mushrooms, and the red pepper.
3. The butter in the frying pan should be melted so that the base of the pan is covered. If this is the case, then add the chopped ingredients to the pan, adding the chili powder, and some salt and pepper.
4. Keep stirring the mixture over the high heat, and cook for around five minutes.
5. Add the mixture onto a serving bowl or plate, and then add a couple of tablespoons of sour cream, before mixing together the ingredients and then serving.