Ingredients for Chef Salad
2 heads of lettuce, medium
1 cup cooked ham
1 cup chicken meat, cooked
1/2 cup white onion
1/2 cup celery
1 cup small tomatoes
1 cup cheddar cheese
3 boiled eggs
1/4 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
1 cup Thousand Island dressing
How to Cook Chef Salad
1. Wash and tear the lettuce leaves as bite sizes. Wash, drain, and place in a salad bowl.
2. Cut the ham, chicken and cheese in elongated strips. Make circular cuts for the onion and then disassemble. Cut the tomatoes in half. Slice the celery finely, and cut the boiled eggs to 4 portions each.
3. Mix the lettuce, onion, tomato and celery. Add also the ham, chicken and cheese but put aside a few pieces of it for garnishing. Carefully mix the ingredients and add the dressing. Again, carefully stir.
4. Arrange on top of the salad the set-aside pieces of ham, chicken and cheese. Add also the sliced hard-boiled eggs, diced then scatter the chopped bacon.
5. Serve with a few pieces of crackers or Melba toast.