Ingredients for Sopas na Patatas (Potato Soup)
1/2 Kg of potatoes
2 onions, diced
3 tablespoons butter
5 cups chicken broth or pork broth
1 cup evaporated milk
How to Cook Sopas na Patatas (Potato Soup)
1. Peel the potatoes and make square cuts.
2. In a saucepan, sauté in butter the onions until they wilt, don’t let the onions turn reddish.
3. Put the potatoes and add in the broth immediately. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover. Boil. Let simmer on low heat until the potatoes soften.
4. When the soup is cooked, remove from heat and let it cool a little. When it is no longer that hot, filter it. Filter the soup gradually. Can also be processed in the blender but do this gradually also.
5. After filtering the soup, place it back in a pan and heat. Gradually add the milk while stirring continuously. Cook for five more minutes.
6. After cooking, remove immediately and serve when hot.