Ingredients for Sopas na Patatas (Potato Soup)
1/2 Kg of potatoes
2 onions, diced
3 tablespoons butter
5 cups chicken broth or pork broth
1 cup evaporated milk
How to Cook Sopas na Patatas (Potato Soup)
1. Peel the potatoes and make square cuts.
2. In a saucepan, sauté in butter the onions until they wilt, don’t let the onions turn reddish.
3. Put the potatoes and add in the broth immediately. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover. Boil. Let simmer on low heat until the potatoes soften.
4. When the soup is cooked, remove from heat and let it cool a little. When it is no longer that hot, filter it. Filter the soup gradually. Can also be processed in the blender but do this gradually also.
5. After filtering the soup, place it back in a pan and heat. Gradually add the milk while stirring continuously. Cook for five more minutes.
6. After cooking, remove immediately and serve when hot.
Ingredients for Salad Butterfly
6 lettuce leaves
6 slices of pineapple
12 stuffed olives
12 diced pimiento, sliced lenghtwise
1 cup mayonnaise
How to Cook Butterfly Salad
1. Arrange the lettuce leaves on platter.
2. Carve the pineapple like wings of a butterfly and use the asparagus as its body.
3. Place the stuffed olives above the asparagus. This will be the head of the butterfly.
4. Slice thinly the other olives.
5. Add the other pineapple slices. Also, arrange the slices of chili. Serve with mayonnaise.
Ingredients for Relyenong Talong (Eggplant)
1/2 Kg ground pork
2 duck eggs
How to Cook Relyenong Talong (Eggplant)
1. Grill the eggplants but don’t fully cook them.
2. Saute the garlic, onion, and ground pork.
3. Add soy sauce and pepper to taste.
4. Let it simmer a little then add water.
5. Now let it boil till the water runs dry. Set aside.
6. Cut the eggplant in the middle and spread them.
7. Put on top the ground pork mixture and pour some beaten egg on top.
8. Fry in hot oil.
Ingredients for Beef Tapa
1 Kg of beef (choose the part without bones or the softest)
¼ cup of soy sauce
¼ cup of Sprite
3 tsp of Calamansi extract
How to Cook Beef Tapa
1. Slice thinly the beef.
2. In a container, mix the beef with all the other ingredients and let it marinate for 2 days.
3. Fry the beef in small amount of oil in low fire.
4. Serve and enjoy.
Ingredients for Lapu-Lapu na may Oyster Sauce (Lapu-Lapu with Oyster Sauce)
1 Kg lapu-lapu, bones removed then sliced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 head of garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 red bell pepper, squarely cut
2 carrots, thinly sliced
2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
1 small onion, squarely cut
How to Cook Lapu-Lapu na may Oyster Sauce (Lapu-Lapu with Oyster Sauce)
1. Place the fish in a steamer and steam the fish for 5 minutes.
2. Put the fish aside.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet.
4. Saute the garlic.
5. Add the oyster sauce, sesame oil, red pepper, carrots, celery, and onion. Boil.
6. Add the fish and salt and pepper to taste. Stir.
7. Serve while hot.
Ingredients for Colorful Corn Soup (Makulay na Sopas na Mais)
1 canned corn (creamed)
300 grams of sweet or spiced ham
5 cups of chicken broth
1/2 cup carrot, diced
1/2 cup peas (cooked)
2 tbsp butter
3 cloves garlic
1/2 cup milk
salt and pepper
How to Cook Colorful Corn Soup (Makulay na Sopas na Mais)
1. Cut the ham in small square cuts. The finely chop the onion, mash the garlic then slice.
2. Saute garlic and onion in butter. When the onions have withered put the ham, carrots, and peas. Stir.
3. Pour the chicken broth and add in cream corn. Cover. Boil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Slightly lower the fire and gradually add the milk. Do not stop in stirring the soup while putting the milk.
5. Boil on low heat for about 10 minutes, stir constantly to have a balanced viscosity of the soup.